Last updated: 30 August 2021
BARBER CITY 2021
The Barber City crew is working hard towards hosting a successful event and very much look forward to seeing everyone on the floor to compete in one or all events.
Without you we can’t hold a competition. This event is to show case the skills of all our barbers in NZ and share talents and experiences.
Due to the outbreak of the Delta strain of Covid 19 in Auckland in August 2021, Barber City 2021 will be cancelled if New Zealand does not return to Alert level 1 by 26th September 2021.
A consideration of running the event at level 2 will be considered depending on the number of entrants in each event.
In the event Barber City is cancelled a full refund of your money paid will be reimbursed to your nominated account. You will be contacted via email of any cancelation occurs as well as being notified on Instagram and Facebook.
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, place an order, including the provision of all mandatory details, fill out a form, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number and such other information as we consider appropriate for placing your order.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
Our Site may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. You do not necessarily need to enable your browser to accept cookies, although some parts of the site may not be available if users disable their web browsers not to accept cookies.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
THE BATTLE FOR BARBER CITY collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To personalise User experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information andfeedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey, or other Site feature
- To send Users information – we may use this information to provide you with advertising or promotional material they have agreed to receive
- To send periodic emails
- To enforce any legal or other rights that we may have against you
The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their enquiries and/or other requests or questions. If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via email.
CONSUMER DATA POLICY
We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of our site. If you ask us not to use personal information we will use all reasonable measures to comply with your request. However, we may still disclose that information if:
(a) We later notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
(b) We believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
(c) We are required by law to disclose that information.
We may keep the content of any email you send us if we believe we are legally required to do so or if we consider that it is prudent for us to do so. Any personal information that we collect will be kept confidential to the best of our ability. However, we cannot guarantee the security of transmission over the Internet. You may have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to us using this site. You may edit or delete that information unless we are required by law to retain it in its original form.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
RULES FOR BATTLE
All products used must be Professional products (not from chemist or Supermarket).
All events are open. There are no requirements for qualifications, number of hours working in the Industry or the need to be working in a Barber shop.
You may be:
- The Raw Talent we are looking for who cuts and sculpts hair for your mates at home or in your own space.
- You may be that Champion who currently works in a Barbershop and wants to show the rest of NZ what you can do.
- You may have trained as a Hairdresser but who now choses to work as a Barber.
- Or you may be the Rising Star at a Barbering Academy like Harrington\Vaughan.
- All techniques used must be Barbering techniques. No exceptions. You are expected to provide all of our own gear. Barbering Chairs and Stations will be provided.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY